We have recently known that the Spanish economy grew in the second quarter by 0.8%, which it means that it has grown along twelve consecutive quarters. The Economy Minister in office, Luis de Guindos, said that if the economy continues growing at this rate, "one billion euros income level could be reached, in the next two or three quarters, as Spain had before the crisis onset.".
Exports were one of the factors that influenced in our economy growth, because it increased its growth rate by 3 points. According to the acting secretary of the branch, Jaime García-Legaz, "Spanish exports are performing better than other countries in the environment by reducing unit costs in sectors as important as the car".
And this is where we want to go: the automotive sector in Spain.
Ineo Corporate graph shows that the highest auto parts companies concentration in Spain takes place in Catalonia. Meanwhile, Aragon exceeds 5%, like Navarra, Castilla y León and Valencia.
The automotive sector in Spain
As an hydraulic cylinders manufacturers, we are one of the 1,500 components and equipment manufacturers that make up the supply chain to the Spanish automotive industry, so we want to share some information on the sector that seems interesting:
- Spain is the 2nd largest automaker in Europe and 12th worldwide
- Spain is the 1st industrial vehicles European manufacturer
- The first automotive brands are established in Spain
- There are 17 manufacturing plants installed in Spain, belonging to 10 different manufacturers
- 89% of the vehicles made in Spain are exported to over 130 countries
- 5 million vehicles are transported each year by Spain
- The weight of this sector (including components industry) within the Spanish economy, accounting for over 6% of the GDP
- Most car production plants in Spain are specialized in mid-range or small vehicles, being Spain one of the European leaders in this so competitive segment
Regarding its strengths, include the following:
- Labor qualification
- Factories modernization
- Technology centers
- Components industry competitiveness
- Auxiliaries industries competitiveness
We'll see how it evolves the Spanish economy the rest of the year and what role the automotive sector in it, but the important thing is that it has not suffered any slowdown in the second quarter.
If you want to know more details about our industry, you can consult the websites of ANFAC (Spanish Automobile and Truck Manufacturers Association) and
SERNAUTO (Spanish Automotive Equipment and Components Manufacturers Association)
You can also consult our export role in the web section:
"Company, Olesa International"